Cottage Home Receives Six LEED® Designations for 2015
Cottage Home announced that six of the company’s new homes have achieved LEED® Certification from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) this year.
The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) as a way to provide standards for environmentally sustainable construction.
The new homes, which vary in style from city loft to lakefront cottage, were designed and built by Cottage Home with the goal of affording luxury living while also delivering sustainable qualities in materials, systems and lifestyle. The homes and their LEED designations are:
- The Glen Arbor Lake Home – 2015 LEED for Homes Gold
- The 6th Street Loft – 2015 LEED for Homes Platinum
- The Harbor Cottage – 2015 LEED for Homes Gold
- The Chicago Avenue Cottage – 2015 LEED for Homes Gold
- The West Shore Woods Cottage – 2015 LEED for Homes Gold
- The Cedar Lake House – 2015 LEED for Homes Silver
A LEED home is awarded for designs that allow the homes to use less energy, water and natural resources, produce less waste and are healthier for homeowners.LEED is the most recognized ranking classification for design and construction.