Offering Peace of Mind Since 2008
Cottage Home Cares
Cottage Home has been offering peace of mind to our homeowners since 2008. Just because your home is done, doesn’t mean we are. From move-in assistance to our Total Home Services program, we’re here for you even after we hand over the keys.
Our continuation of services starts with our move-in assistance and two year warranty. When your home is complete, we’re happy to offer you as much move-in assistance as you need, from accepting deliveries on your behalf, moving in boxes and setting up furniture, to hanging pictures.
Two Year Warranty – A Lifetime of Customer Service
While we truly believe that we have delivered an outstanding home to you, we understand that after occupying your home for a while you may find the need for warranty service.
Our two-year warranty describes the guidelines we use in evaluating and performing this type of service. You can count on us to be responsive, efficient, and proactive in any such service needed in your new Cottage Home.
Keeping Your Home Safe & Ready When You Are
Cottage Home Property Services
With our Cottage Home Property Services, you can rest easy when you’re away and know that your home will be ready whenever you are. Our dedicated team will monitor and maintain your home during the off seasons and prepare your property for your return.
We offer two main service packages to better meet the unique needs of different clients and different properties.
We designed Home Watch+ for Cottage Home owners who are looking for property protection and inspection services, along with basic care services. Home Watch+ includes:
- A year-round customized watch service to protect your property
- An annual safety and maintenance inspection
- Seasonal open and close services so your home is ready when you are
- Priority access to on-staff and contractor experts
Example Home Inspections
Home inspections include, but are not limited to, the following checklist. Your inspector will email you a report with photos as soon as their inspection is completed.
- Winterize and start up irrigation, outdoor showers and beach foot washers.
- Change furnace, humidifier and ERV filters. Coordinate professional HVAC system inspectors.
- Replace smoke alarm batteries.
- Remove and install porch panels seasonally.
- Coordinate interior cleaning.
- Coordinate interior and exterior window washing.
- Set out, store and clean patio and pool furniture.
- Coordinate pool opening, closing and maintenance.
- Arrange for firewood delivery.
- Coordinate lawn care and landscape services.
- Winter roof snow raking.
- Coordinate annual generator inspection.
- Let in and supervise all vendors, contractors and service providers.
- Confirm doors and windows are secure and sealed.
- Check for signs of moisture around windows and doors.
- Confirm HVAC/humidifier are working and on proper settings.
- Measure house temperature/humidity.
- Inspect furnace filter and humidifier pad to determine if replacement is needed.
- Inspect and clean ERV, if needed.
- Check water softener salt level and add more, if needed.
- Check circuit breaker/main panel for tripped breakers or faults.
- Check water heater and sump pump.
- Toilets: flush and check all gaskets, seals and stops.
- Faucets: run water in sinks and tubs, check gaskets, seals, drains, stops and pipes.
- Check appliances: dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, garbage disposal, stove, washer/dryer.
- Check all smoke detector status lights.
- Check garage and verify doors locked.
- Check phone lines.
- Turn fireplace(s) on to ensure working properly.
- Make sure all interior doors are left open for proper air flow.
- Check all doors, windows and sliders to ensure they are locked and secure.
- Examine roof, windows and doors for signs of moisture or damage.
- Examine screened areas for damage.
- Check entire perimeter of property, exterior landscape elements and grade.
- Inspect furnace intake in winter months, and ensure it is clear of snow obstruction.
- Look for signs of pests or insects.
- Check pool and spa (if applicable).
- Verify pool gate(s) are closed and secure (if applicable).
- Check Lp level (if applicable).
- Bring any mail, newspapers, flyers and packages inside.
Total Home Services
Get complete care for your Cottage Home and year-round peace of mind. Total Home Services includes weekly watch services and a custom service, lawn, pool and maintenance plan.
- Annual home maintenance planning review
- Custom, proactive maintenance plan
- Home utilities check
- Cleaning service
- Custom lawn, pool and maintenance plans
- A dedicated Home Services Manager
- Year round weekly watch service
- Seasonal open and close services
- Priority access to on-staff and contractor experts
Additions & Special Projects
As time goes on and your family enjoys the home, you may decide someday in the future that you’d like to make small or large renovations. Our special projects team is here to help. Patio expansions, interior and exterior painting, outbuilding additions, new built-ins, storage solutions and remodeling are just some of the services we’ve helped our clients with over the years. We love reconnecting with past homeowners and getting back into homes we’ve built.
What Our Clients Say
“We have continued to be very pleased with the design, construction and maintenance of the addition that you and your group did at our home in South Haven, Michigan – we were so pleased with the total job you, your workmen and sub contractors did that we have continued to have you take care of maintenance needs for the house.”
Chuck and Mona
South Bend, Indiana
“The personal service you provided during the planning process, your assistance in moving in and out of the house and the help in decorating the house have made the whole experience enjoyable. The service you provide is truly unparalleled.”
Bart & Stephanie
“If you’re thinking of property services, who better to maintain your home than the folks who built it, and the contractors who worked under them.”
Ron & Anne
“The Cottage Home brand is more than an external marketing or advertising initiative…it is a way of life for the entire team led by Brian Bosgraaf and perfected by his team.”
Mark & LaRae
South Haven, Michigan